WHAT: Tune in for the video stream and radio broadcast of the iHeartCountry Album Release Party with Old Dominion.
WHEN: Friday, August 25 at 7:00pm local time
WHERE: Video Stream: iHeartRadio.com/OldDominion
Radio Broadcast: iHeartRadio’s Local FM Mainstream Country Stations
OLD DOMINION PERFORMS SONGS FROM THEIR NEW ALBUM, HAPPY ENDINGS, LIVE FOR THE “IHEARTCOUNTRY ALBUM RELEASE PARTY WITH OLD DOMINION” AT THE IHEARTRADIO THEATER
IN LOS ANGELES
On August 14, Old Dominion performed at the iHeartCountry Album Release Party with Old Dominion, which included a Q&A with Cody Alan (CMT and iHeartRadio host). The band celebrated their new album, Happy Endings, which has been released today. During the live event they performed new songs such as “No Such Thing as a Broken Heart,” “Be With Me,” and “Still Writing Songs About You,” as well as fan favorites from their first album Meat and Candy, such as “Break Up With Him” and “Song For Another Time.” Below please find highlights from the show.
· When asked why “No Such Thing as a Broken Heart” was the perfect lead off single for Happy Endings, lead singer Matthew Ramsey said that they wanted to show that they had a bigger message to send than “Hey girl, what’s up?” They wanted to create their classic party song, but with a hidden message within.
· The mission of Happy Endings was to show how much Old Dominion has grown. They’ve been on the road for years, and since Meat and Candy came out they’ve written a lot of songs, done a lot of shows, and truly grown as writers and musicians.
· The band wrote “Not Everything’s About You” with Andrew Dorff, a good friend who passed away in December 2016. Ramsey has great memories of sitting in a shack in Texas in the pouring rain, smoking cigars and writing together.
· Host Cody Alan spoke with Old Dominion about their collaboration with Little Big Town on “Stars in the City.” Ramsey joked while that it was tight in the studio with all nine band members playing together, they were so cool and are an amazing band to work with.
· Ramsey spoke about touring with Kenny Chesney, who has taught them so much, from how he engages his fans to how he runs his organization. He’s become a good friend. They also toured with Miranda Lambert, whose tour had a very different vibe. It was great to meet a whole new group of fans who maybe hadn’t had as much exposure to their music.
· Old Dominion is promoting Happy Endings with a dive bar tour. They chose to introduce it that way so they can go back to their roots and be face-to-face with their fans who have worked hard to get into those shows to see them, and who are hungry for their music.
· Old Dominion has written songs for artists such as Blake Shelton, Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, and more. When asked how they decide what songs to keep and what songs to give away, guitarist Brad Tursi joked that it’s a miracle when anyone wants them in the first place, so if somebody wants one, they usually just let them have it. The band would love to have Keith Urban or George Strait perform a song written by them.
1. “No Such Thing as a Broken Heart”
2. “Not Everything’s About You”
3. “Break Up With Him”
4. “Written in the Sand”
5. “Song For Another Time”
7. “Hotel Key”
8. “Nowhere Fast”
9. “Still Writing Songs About You”
10. “Be With Me”
11. “Crazy Beautiful Sexy”
12. “Wrong Turns”