BEBE REXHA PERFORMS SONGS FROM THE SECOND PART OF HER EP, ALL YOUR FAULT: PART 2, LIVE FOR
“IHEARTRADIO LIVE WITH BEBE REXHA PRESENTED BY FOREVER 21”
AT THE IHEARTRADIO THEATER IN LOS ANGELES
Last night, Bebe Rexha performed at iHeartRadio LIVE with Bebe Rexha Presented By Forever 21, which included a Q&A with Tanya Rad (co-host of On Air With Ryan Seacrest). Bebe Rexha celebrated the second part of her EP, All Your Fault: Part 2, which will be released this Friday, August 11. She performed her new song “The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)” as well as fan favorites such as “In The Name of Love” and “Me, Myself & I,” during which she brought out G-Eazy as a surprise guest. Below please find highlights from the show.
· Bebe Rexha and host Tanya Rad discussed the first half of the EP, All Your Fault: Part 1, which was inspired by a breakup. Bebe noted that writing the record was very therapeutic. She admitted that while she gets nervous singing about real life experiences, the artists that Bebe looked up to while growing up, such as Alanis Morissette, P!nk, Beyoncé, and Kanye West, all sang about personal experiences as well. Bebe joked that she hasn’t heard from the ex that inspired the record as he ended up blocking her on social media.
· Bebe’s favorite song off of the album that she’s most excited for her fans to hear is “I Got Time”. The meaning behind the track is that she doesn’t need to rush into anything, or be what people expect her to be—she can love who she wants, do whatever she wants, and that’s okay because she has time. She noted that this is where she is in her life—she’s not sixteen anymore, she’s a grown woman now so she wants to sing about real things, while still being a good role model for her fans, and being the best person she can be.
· Bebe has previously collaborated with Lil Wayne, G-Eazy, Martin Garrix, and Louis Tomlinson. Collaborations on the new record include Florida Georgia Line, Gucci Mane, and Kranium. She noted that she didn’t want to be confined to one genre while working on this record. When asked who she’d like to work with in the future, she said Kanye West.
· For fashion inspiration, Bebe looks at idols in the past such as Blondie and Marilyn Monroe. She takes the styles of those classic women and then mixes it with the popular styles of today.
· Bebe provided a number of inspirational moments during her performance and Q&A. Quotes included, “I don’t care if you’re gay, bi, or straight. You can be Muslim, Christian, or Jewish. I don’t give a fuck what you are as long as your heart is good. At the end of the day there’s only one thing that brings us all together, and that’s love.”
· After host Tanya Rad attempted Nicki Minaj’s rap from “No Broken Hearts,” Bebe pulled a male fan up on stage who successfully recited the entire rap word for word.
· When Bebe wrote “The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)” she was trying to find herself while being what her last label wanted her to be in order for her music to become successful. She was sick of it and said, “I’m sorry that I’ll never be the prettiest. I’ll never sing like Whitney Houston. I know that my lyrics are not what you’re used to, but this is who I am; so love me the way I am.”
· Bebe’s fans were given the opportunity to ask her some questions. When asked how important her fans are to her, Bebe noted: “Sometimes it gets really tough being on the road and being alone. Sometimes I forget it’s the music business and I hate the business side of it, but when I do these shows and tour and see you singing along, it really makes me love what I do again. I’m grateful for you guys.”
· A fan in the audience asked Bebe if she’s heard any stories from other fans that’ve touched her, Bebe said that she had one particular fan share that her song “I’m Gonna Show You Crazy,” helped him come out to his parents during a tough time in his life.
1. “Bad Bitch”
2. “Gateway Drug”
3. “Small Doses”
4. “No Broken Hearts”
5. “The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)”
6. “Fuck Fake Friends”
7. “Hey Mama”
8. “In The Name of Love”
9. “Take Me Home”
10. “Me, Myself & I”
11. “I Got You”