The Clara Lionel Foundation (CLF) founder Robyn Rihanna Fenty announced today that the third annual Diamond Ball will be held on Thursday, September 14th for the first time in New York City.
The black-tie benefit will take place at Cipriani Wall Street. Returning for the third time since launching in 2014, the Diamond Ball raises money to support CLF’s trailblazing education, health and emergency response programs around the world.
“New York always offers the perfect backdrop for an amazing event, which is why I am thrilled to have the Diamond Ball there,” said Robyn Rihanna Fenty. “It’s a great way to celebrate the Clara Lionel Foundation’s accomplishments as well as bring awareness to our mission globally. I know it’ll be a night to remember!”
Chopard is proudly the event’s first presenting partner. Past Diamond Balls featured live performances by Rihanna and Lionel Richie as well as hosts and speakers like Kevin Hart and Brad Pitt. The gala unites hundreds of guests in a call to action to fight against inequality, injustice and poverty.
The Clara Lionel Foundation funds innovative global education projects and scholarships, healthcare and emergency response programs and local micro grants. Rihanna received the 2017 Humanitarian of The Year Award by The Harvard Foundation, recognizing her longtime commitment to philanthropy and the burgeoning impact of CLF’s initiatives.
The Clara Lionel Foundation (CLF) was founded in 2012 by Robyn “Rihanna” Fenty in honor of her grandparents, Clara and Lionel Braithwaite. CLF supports and funds groundbreaking and effective education, health and emergency response programs around the world. With the voices of Rihanna and her fans, CLF also engages in global advocacy with the goal of improving the quality of life for young people everywhere. Current programs include the Clara Lionel Foundation Global Scholarship Program, the Clara Braithwaite Center for Oncology and Nuclear Medicine at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Barbados and the Barbados Micro Grants Program.
Mar 22, 2017 12:00 pm Proxibid, the most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, will provide live online bidding for The Hollywood Auction, a collection of Hollywood memorabilia, presented by California Asset Auctions and actor Greg Grunberg.
Bid live online on Proxibid for Prince’s touring practice guitar, gifted to his former bodyguardEverything from paintings and sculptures to celebrity memorabilia, including Prince’s personal touring practice guitar, will be up for bid when this live auction takes place Saturday, April 1 at 10 am Pacific in North Hollywood, CA and online via Proxibid. Proceeds from a selection of items in the auction will benefit the Epilepsy Foundation of America.
The Hollywood Auction features a broad assortment of Hollywood memorabilia from actor Greg Grunberg, star of Heroes, Star Wars, Star Trek, and more. Fans and collectors from across the globe will not want to miss the chance to log on and bid live on Proxibid for the chance to own rare memorabilia Grunberg has amassed from industry connections and friends through his career of more than 25 years in the entertainment industry. Also up for bid is a group of Gibson Les Paul guitars, which have been hand-decorated and signed by celebrities, to benefit the Epilepsy Foundation of America.
Featured items include:
• World Famous Sunset Sounds AMEKAPC Analog Mixing Desk: One of the most famous music mixing/recording desks every offered for sale, this 64-channel analog desk is 99.9% complete and powers through all channels and patches
• Prince “Cloud” Personal Touring Practice Guitar and Case: This guitar was Prince’s personal touring practice guitar and was gifted to his former bodyguard.
This is a Schecter Diamond Series-made cloud guitar and custom velvet-lined travel guitar case.
• 1960s Bruce Lee Head Cast and Mold from Green Hornet: From the television series, Green Hornet, this is a rare head cast and mold original to-date of martial arts legend, Bruce Lee
• Computer Space Video Arcade Game: Created by Nolan Bushnell, this machine is the first coin-operated video arcade game ever produced. This machine is fully coin operated and functional for play and has been completely restored.
• Epilepsy Foundation Charity Item—Howard Stern Hand-Decorated and Autographed Gibson Guitar: Gibson Les Paul guitar autographed and hand-decorated by radio host and The King of All Media, Howard Stern
• Epilepsy Foundation Charity Item—Maroon 5 Hand-Painted Gibson Guitar: Gibson Les Paul double pick up guitar, hand-painted by the band Maroon 5
• Epilepsy Foundation Charity Item—”The View” Signed and Decorated Gibson Guitar: Gibson Les Paul double pick up guitar, hand decorated and signed by the women of the television show, “The View,” including Barbara Walters
• Epilepsy Foundation Charity Item—Gibson Guitar Signed and Decorated by Courtney Love and Frances Cobain: Gibson Les Paul guitar hand-painted and signed by Kurt Cobain’s wife, Courtney Love, and child Frances Cobain
“This is a great opportunity for collectors and fans from across the globe to bid on and win fantastic memorabilia from the likes of Prince, Seinfeld, Howard Stern, and more, without even having to leave their home,” said Greg Grunberg. “We are thrilled to partner with Proxibid to make it easy to bid online. And, we are very excited to support the Epilepsy Foundation of America through this auction.”
With Proxibid, buyers located anywhere in the world with an internet connection can log on and bid in real time, just as if they were at the live auction. Proxibid’s secure bidding platform is backed by the industry’s most robust risk management system, designed to keep buyers safe when transacting online. Only Proxibid offers an integrated payment system, created specifically to facilitate high value transactions, like the memorabilia for sale in this auction.