DENVER, March 13, 2017 – The Cable Center announced today the members of its 2017 Cable Hall of Fame Honorary Committee. The 20th annual Cable Hall of Fame will be held April 26, 2017, at the Grand Hyatt Washington in Washington, DC. The committee members will serve as the official ambassadors for the Cable Hall of Fame celebration. The committee is chaired by Michael Willner, president and CEO, Penthera Partners, Inc.
The members of the committee are:
- Decker Anstrom, board of directors, Discovery Communications
- Bridget Baker, founder and CEO, Baker Media Inc.
- Nomi Bergman, president and senior executive officer, Advance Newhouse Communications
- Matthew C. Blank, chairman, Showtime Networks, Inc.
- Coleman Breland, president, Turner Content Distribution
- Ann Carlsen, founder and CEO, Carlsen Resources, Inc.
- Nick Davatzes, CEO Emeritus, A+E Networks
- Nancy Dubuc, president and CEO, A+E Networks
- Leslie Ellis, Ellis Edits Inc.
- Bonnie Hammer, chairman, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment
- Kevin Hart, EVP and CTO, Cox Communications
- Brian Lamb, executive chairman, C-SPAN
- John C. Malone, chairman, Liberty Media Corp., Liberty Global Plc
- Paul Maxwell, Media-Max Advisors
- Robert Miron, chairman and CEO (retired), Advance/Newhouse
- Les Read, Cable Center ambassador
- Brian Roberts, chairman and CEO, Comcast
- Josh Sapan, president and CEO, AMC Networks Inc.
- Jeff Shell, chairman, Universal filmed Entertainment Group
- William H. Roedy, global health ambassador; former chairman, MTV Networks International
“We sincerely thank all of these industry leaders for their dedication to and support of the Cable Hall of Fame, and The Cable Center,” said Jana Henthorn, president and CEO. “We can’t wait to celebrate our six new honorees at our Cable Hall of Fame event on April 26!”
The event program will also include the presentation of the Bresnan Ethics in Business Award, honoring the late William J. Bresnan, to Frank M. Drendel.
The Cable Hall of Fame is sponsored by Arris, Cablefax, Carlsen Resources, Commscope, Shaw, YAS, Advance/Newhouse, CNN, Comcast/NBCUniversal, Discovery, HBO, Liberty Global, Scripps Networks Interactive, BTR, Cynopsis, FierceCable, LightReading, Multichannel News, SmartBrief, The Wrap, and Vision Graphics. For more information on the Cable Hall of Fame celebration, visit www.cablehalloffame.com, or call 720-502-7500.
About The Cable Center
Based in Denver, Colorado, The Cable Center is a nonprofit organization serving the cable telecommunications industry. The Cable Center is the home of the Cable Hall of Fame, recognizing individuals for their outstanding contributions to the industry, and of the Barco Library, the world’s largest collection of cable-related information and resources. Visit us at www.cablecenter.org, www.twitter.com/TheCableCenter and www.facebook.com/TheCableCenter for more information.
About The Cable Hall of Fame Celebration
The industry’s best networking event, the Cable Hall of Fame honors those in the cable industry who have made a lasting contribution to the advancement of the industry. The official Cable Hall of Fame hashtag is #cablehof. For more information, visit www.cablehalloffame.com or call 720-502-7500.