Saturday, February 13th, 2016
Los Angeles, CA (February 13, 2016) – Backstage Creations, specialists in award show gifts and custom backstage Celebrity Retreats™, produced the “Celebrity Retreat” at the 2016 Writers Guild Awards West Coast ceremony at the Hyatt Century Plaza on Saturday, February 13, 2016.
The show featured appearances by some of the industry’s top talent including host Patton Oswalt and presenters Jeffrey Tambor, Keegan-Michael Key, Bob Odenkirk, Courteney Cox, Matt LeBlanc, Diane Lane, Geena Davis, Chris Hardwick and more. The artists were thanked for their time and talent with the opportunity to preview product trends showcased in the Retreat.
The gift items selected for the Celebrity Retreat™ included:
- 360fly – Episodes star, Matt LeBlanc, loved 360fly’s 360-degree camera so much, he said, “This is a GoPro on steroids.”Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom saw the 360fly camera and said, “My husband is a director and he would love this!” www.360fly.com
- Burke Williams Day Spa – When Anchorman’s David Koechner was given a certificate to Burke Williams Day Spa, he said, “Oh my gosh. This is perfect for my wife for Valentine’s Day!” Actress, Gina Davis, is already a Burke Williams fan, stating, “I love giving Burke Williams certificates as gifts. Now I have one for me!” www.BurkeWilliamsSpa.com
- Cloth Connection – Actress, Gina Davis, was so impressed with the beautiful linens and services offered by Cloth Connection- she looked at a few of the linen samples and asked, “I can really rent these?” Keegan-Michael Key also loved the linens and mentioned he would be in touch soon for more information about their services.
- Empower Cocktails – Anchorman’s David Koechner tasted Empower Cocktails and immediately said, “My wife will love this!” Crazy Ex-Girlfriend star, Rachel Bloom, also loved the cocktail and said it was delicious. www.empowercocktails.com
- So Fine Event Design – Actress, Gina Davis, checked out the beautiful décor featured in the Celebrity Retreat- designed by So Fine Event Design- and said “This is lovely.”
- Usquaebach ‘Old-Rare’ Superior Blended Scotch Whisky – The Last Man on Earth’s Kristen Schaal loved Usquaebach so much, she left her table, came back to the Celebrity Retreat and said, “Can I get another splash of that 225 year-old whisky?” Key & Peele’s Keegan-Michael Key received some Usquaebach one week prior at the NAACP Image Awards Celebrity Retreat and mentioned that he has already finished the bottle- he made sure to grab another bottle. www.usquaebach.com
- Will Leather Goods – Crazy Ex-Girlfriend star, Rachel Bloom, saw her new bag by Will Leather Goods and instantly said, “This is beautiful!” Jaws writer, Carl Gottlieb, also enjoyed the bag, saying that it is very handsome, and actress, Kristen Schaal, said that the bag is “beautiful and smells expensive.” https://www.willleathergoods.com/shop/leather-atticus-duffle?color=2901
Celebrities also received:
- ChapStick® – New ChapStick® Total Hydration 100% Natural is an age defying formula with Argan Oil and a unique blend of natural butters and oils to moisturize and replenish your lips. It’s clinically proven to provide healthier and more youthful looking lips. http://www.shopchapstick.com
- Cruz Espresso Coffee Thins – The revolutionary new Coffee Thins™ use a patented technology that converts 100% of the whole coffee bean into the “first ever” coffee you can eat. www.coffeethins.com
- La-tweez – Illuminating Tweezers crafted from the finest Stainless steel. Perfect for both home and on the go, comes in a chic carrying case with a magnifying mirror. www.latweez.com
- One Life Vest – One Life Vest, a southern California-based company is dedicated to protecting the well-being of Earth’s inhabitants by using allnatural and organic ingredients for their needs. One Life Vest has combined the amazing benefits of natural plants with modern day science, to bring the best gift nature can offer. www.ONELIFEVEST.com
- Thera Cane MAX Trigger Point Massager – Treat yourself to deep relief from painful, knotted, spasmed muscles. This amazingly simple yet effective self-massager makes it easy to apply pain-relieving deep compression directly to hard, knotted “trigger points” anywhere they occur – breaking up tension even in the hardest-to-reach muscles between your shoulder blades! www.theracane.com
- WHOOSH! – WHOOSH! is an all-natural, non-toxic mobile device cleaner and shine. Next time you wash your hands, remember that your cell phone and tablet are just as dirty – Practice Tech Hygiene and clean them up with WHOOSH!.www.whoosh.com
So Fine Event Design offers full service event and interior design and production services both domestically and internationally for discriminating corporate and private clients. We create bespoke spaces and environments for every occasion and for every purpose. http://www.sofineeventdesign.com
Cloth Connection is a nationwide event linen company that provides specialty table linens, chair treatments and napkins to prestigious events. Cloth Connection is excited to be the official linen sponsor of the 2016 Writers Guild Awards Celebrity Retreat. http://www.clothconnection.com/
Water provided by Icelandic Glacial. Icelandic Glacial is super-premium natural spring water bottled at the source from Iceland’s legendary Ölfus Spring. The Spring produces water so pure that nothing is added or taken away, and as a result, Icelandic Glacial possesses exceptional balance featuring a naturally low mineral content and a naturally high alkaline pH level of 8.4. http://icelandicglacial.com
About BACKSTAGE CREATIONS
Created in 2000 by Karen Wood; formerly a talent coordinator on over 50 award shows, to give major corporations as well as up-and-coming designers the exclusive opportunity to personally introduce their products and services to celebrities. BACKSTAGE CREATIONS originated the gifting suite concept and has created Celebrity Retreats™ at various industry honors including the Screen Actors Guild Awards®, Teen Choice Awards, Writers Guild Awards, MTV Movie Awards, MTV VMAs, People’s Choice Awards, BET Awards and Billboard Music Awards. BACKSTAGE CREATIONS puts an emphasis on charitable donation at each of our Retreats™ giving our celebrity attendees the opportunity to both give and receive through unique partnerships at our events. Backstage Creations Retreats™ and gift bags have been featured on Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, Extra, E!, TV Guide and our clients appear in OK Magazine, People.com, Us Weekly, HollywoodLife.com, Just Jared and many other print and online publications.
# # #